Varsity Careers Hub (‘VCH’) is a student-founded careers platform that connects top students with leading companies. Signing up takes just two minutes, unlike the lengthy application forms that are normally required for graduate jobs
We are building a network of University Advisors across Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Imperial, UCL and LSE. The University Advisors will promote VCH across their universities, through targeting societies, friends, and people on their course. Alongside this, they will have the chance to influence the company’s direction, providing a valuable experience working with a successful start-up company.
What does the role involve?
Primarily, the University Advisor role will involve:
- coordinating on-campus events with leading employers
- promoting VCH, e.g. through social media
- forming partnerships with student societies.
Once the VCH team has got to know you, we will consider you for a promotion to the central team, if that is something you would be interested in. We are keen to make students with an interest in a particular industry responsible for all VCH employers in that industry’s recruitment efforts at their university. We are always on the lookout for bright, motivated students to help to grow the venture!
How would working with VCH benefit me?
As well as gaining experience of working with other students at a fast-growing start-up, you would receive the following benefits:
- performance-related pay starting from next term
- increased exposure to employers (e.g. through direct contact with their recruitment teams)
- a boost on the VCH database, improving your profile’s rank, resulting in more offers, interviews, and invitations to apply from employers.
If all of that was not enough, there will be regular marketing competitions for University Advisors, not to mention lots of merchandise and other rewards on offer! You’d be part of a fun and friendly team, all of whom are very career-driven and could form a strong network that could be useful in the future.
If this interests you, apply here!